Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Adam was supposed to have a full day off yesterday, but with Thanksgiving and "Black Friday" for the retail world this week, he ended up having to go in this morning anyway! Blessed that God gave Adam this job, even if it means right now we have to spend more time away. I have the rest of the week off, as the little one I watch during the week gets to be home with his mama for the rest of the week...so Amanda and I decided to drop Dad off at work and get out of the house. We went to the public library...one of our favorite places in Bozeman to go! They have an area just for the kids with lots of learning material, and Amanda always enjoys checking out books to take home!!













We also tried on shoes at Dad's store...these were Amanda's favorites!! 





















We came home and had "family movie night"...we try and do this twice a month...usually Amanda gets to stay up a little longer than normal and we make popcorn and watch a movie all together. Yesterday we started our movie around 4pm... Despicable Me...cute movie!! We were all tired from the days events, so when it finished, Adam took Amanda to bed and I fell asleep on the couch at 6pm....woke a couple hours later and decided to call it a night. Most nights, when Amanda goes to bed, that is "my time" to get things done around the home, but when I woke this morning I was so glad that I took the time to get extra sleep...something all mommy's need to do!! 


Amanda did a few crafts this past week for Thanksgiving!! I found this cute idea on Pinterest! It was a pin from HERE.  Amanda had so much fun painting her hands and feet!!














Today I'm busy cooking and enjoying time with Adam and Amanda. The holiday just doesn't seem quite the same without the rest of our friends and family, but I'm still cherishing this time together. Today is also the Anniversary of my Grandma Betty's death...13 years ago today! I was 13 when she went to Heaven, but she made a huge impact on my life in those 13 years...LOVE YOU GRANDMA!! Happy Thanksgiving Everyone...We are Blessed to have such wonderful friends and family in our lives!!

No comments:

Post a Comment