Thursday, December 13, 2012

Crazy Week

What a week this past week has been! I'm not going to say it has been an easy week but I'm still here, love life, and so so blessed to have people who love and care for my family and I! This week I'm blessed for the Gift of Life and all the blessings and trials that come with it. This is going to be a crazy, jumbled post and yes, a good indication of what this past week has been like. This week we have been doing lots of Christmas crafts and have been working on getting all of our homemade gifts completed. We were so excited to find out that they are giving Adam time off work so we get to go home for a few days and be with my family...which is a true blessing considering we didn't know the next time we would make it back with Adam's hectic work schedule.  

Amanda loves doing puzzles...she has always been really great at them...I love that I can have her sit and do puzzles while I prepare breakfast! Our mornings this week have been filled with lots of puzzles. Can you believe this little one can already do 100 piece puzzles?!? Amanda also has such a strong love for dancing...I'm pretty sure today was the first day in the past 5 days I was able to "hide" it from her long enough to get it washed. Blessed with the little gifts like this though, the pure joy she has dancing around the kitchen as I prepare dinner or excitement she has when she is showing me her newest "move"! Love this girl!


We also finished a tie-blanket for Amanda this week! Grandma Jo had sent us a kit to put it together. It allowed Amanda to work on tying knots which I thought would be great, except she got tired after about the 10th tie which meant I had alot of blanket to finish myself. She however does LOVE snuggling with this blanket!


This week I stocked our freezer again with easy to grab breakfast items. We all have a hard time getting out of bed in the morning, and this allows Adam to still get a good breakfast before, or more properly stated, while he is heading out the door to work. This week I prepared, bacon,egg and cheese english muffins, pancakes and french toast! It is easiest to make a double batch while you are making it...twice the amount of food, and you only have to clean up the once. I just wrap the english muffins in tinfoil and label on the outside so it's easy to know what is inside! We also get our cheese at Costco...great way to save a little money on something that can make a huge dent in a grocery budget! Shredding cheese is one of my least favorite things to do when it comes to food prep, so we always spend the extra dollar and get already shredded cheese...I figure the savings in time is worth that extra dollar. Because there is no way that our family of 3 could get through this cheese before it goes bad though, we end up dividing and freezing our cheeze in freezer bags! I will post more later on some of the other things we freeze and how we stock our freezer with already made meals to avoid making that last minute "pizza" delivery!

























Amanda helped daddy prepare for his Secret Santa party at work!! We decorated stockings for some of his employees...she thought it was so cool to get to paint each!! We worked on several other Christmas projects but can't show pictures as many are for Christmas gifts!



 This was Amanda's handprint Christmas tree!! Turned out so cute!!
Amanda and Ian put together Popsicle-stick Christmas trees too! Great, easy craft for even the little ones! They had fun adding bits of paper "ornaments" to each of their trees!


We've been trying to make family movie night a special thing in our home. We have been trying to do family movie night twice a month, in which we sit down as a family and pick out a movie, make popcorn or a special treat and enjoy the time together. Last nights movie was "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"...Amanda  was laughing so hard, and it was fun to see her curl up with her daddy!!


Lastly, a picture from my Open House Christmas Bazaar last Saturday. A weather advisory made for a slow show, but it was great to get my product out into the public. Thanks Naomi for allowing me to do this at your home!! If you are in need of last minute Christmas gifts for any babies or moms in your life, check out my business HERE! Gifts needing to make it on time for Christmas must be ordered by December 15th! I just want to thank everyone too for making my dream of running a business a reality...thanks for the continued support!!

No comments:

Post a Comment