Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Green Smoothie

I know, I know....worst blogger ever!! I've been really busy this past month and rarely have time to sit down, let alone blog!!  This morning I tried a new smoothie with Amanda and Ian (the little one I watch during the week). One of my best friends gave me a rendition of this and I kinda made it up as I went with what we had in our house. 

Although it doesn't come out green I call it our "Green Smoothie", and it is an excellent way to get added nutrition into the kids without them knowing what is in there!

Green Smoothie:
- handful or two of spinach
- 3/4 c frozen raspberries (or any fruit really...strawberries would be great too)
- small handful of frozen blueberries
- 1 frozen banana (we freeze them in chunks so that it is easily blended)
- 1 spoonful of peanut butter
- water (fill the blender about half way up your other ingredients)...you could also substitute this with orange juice, or add Greek yogurt for added protein! 


No comments:

Post a Comment